History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Aisthorpe, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3091 / 53°18'32"N

Longitude: -0.5822 / 0°34'55"W

OS Eastings: 494566

OS Northings: 380065

OS Grid: SK945800

Mapcode National: GBR SZC5.RH

Mapcode Global: WHGHS.1310

Entry Name: Old Rectory

Listing Date: 11 June 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1359463

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196969

Location: Aisthorpe, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN1

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

Civil Parish: Aisthorpe

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: The Spring Line Group

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Brattleby

Listing Text

SK 98 SW AISTHORPE

1/5 Old Rectory

II

Former rectory, now house. 1876. Red brick with terracotta
details, slate roofs and bargeboarded gables. 2 storey with
attic, 4 bay front with plinth, moulded first floor band and sill
band. The central canted bay is surmounted by a terracotta
balustrade and contains glazed double doors with glazing bar
upper lights and sashes to the sides. To the left is a c20
glazed door and a 3 light window, to the right a single fixed
light with beyond a second canted bay with balustrade, glazed
door and sashes. To first floor a central tripartite window, to
left a single casement with wooden cross mullion, to right a
single light and a further cross mullion casement. Adjacent to
the single light is a square terracotta panel with the raised
date 1876 and the initials TB. 3 plain bargeboarded gables
beneath which are decorative square panels defined by raised
bricks with decorative terracotta paterae at the joints. All
windows have moulded terracotta architraves with short fluted
friezes over. 2 rectangular gabled bays to right hand end.
Entrance front of 3 irregular bays with 2 gables, one slightlyy
projecting and one advanced. Left hand one contains elaborately
panelled door with moulded terracotta architrave. 5 steps up are
covered by an open sided gabled wooden porch with decorative
covering. To right, the stair is lit by 3 stepped vertical
lights. Over the door are 3 tall lights. Similar details to
gables and window surrounds as on the garden front.


Listing NGR: SK9456680065

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.