History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Asterby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2979 / 53°17'52"N

Longitude: -0.1041 / 0°6'14"W

OS Eastings: 526448

OS Northings: 379561

OS Grid: TF264795

Mapcode National: GBR WZQ9.7H

Mapcode Global: WHHK4.CCNL

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 8 April 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1359658

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195887

Location: Asterby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Asterby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Asterby Group

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Goulsby

Listing Text

ASTERBY CHURCH LANE
TF 27 NE (north side)

6/3 The Old Rectory

G.V. II

Rectory, now house. 1863 by R J Withers. Red brick, some burnt brick,
limestone ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with stone coped gables
with wrought iron finials and 6 brick stacks with dentillated
decoration, one projecting and 5 to rear. 2 storey, 5 bay front
including large polygonal 2 storey 3 bay window to left with
conical roof. Doorway to right with pointed ashlar head with
inner chevroned order and moulded brick jambs. Inner doorway in
left return with pointed ashlar head and panelled door. Tall
pointed archway to left reaching up 2 storeys with 2 small ground
floor casements. Bay window to left with 3 glazing bar sashes
with triangular ashlar heads with billet moulding. A similar
window above flanked by blank brick walls of canted bays. Giant
order archway to right contains 2 first floor narrow pointed
windows with richly cusped heads. Inverted triangular motif
above. Pointed window to right with 2 pointed lights with narrow
glazing bar sashes, and ashlar head with cusped oculus inscribed
"GB 1863". 4 bay west front with the 2 bays to the left
projecting slightly. 3 long glazing bar sashes with pointed
ashlar heads. Pair of narrow glazing bar sashes with pointed
ashlar heads to left. 3 small glazing bar sashes above to right
with a pair of narrow glazing bar sashes to left with pointed
ashlar heads and hood moulds.


Listing NGR: TF2644879561

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.