This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2112 / 53°12'40"N
Longitude: 0.0595 / 0°3'34"E
OS Eastings: 537632
OS Northings: 370220
OS Grid: TF376702
Mapcode National: GBR KV0.PVW
Mapcode Global: WHHKL.WKJ1
Entry Name: Church of St Helen
Listing Date: 3 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359688
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195928
Location: Aswardby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE23
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Aswardby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Aswardby St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
ASWARDBY CHURCH LANE
TF 37 SE (north side)
3/1 Church of St. Helen
Parish church. 1747 and mid C19. Rockface ashlar with ashlar
dressings and some later rebuilding in red brick. Ashlar quoins.
Chamfered rusticated ashlar plinth. Pantile roof. Brick coped
gables with some tumbling. Dentil eaves to the south side.
Nave and chancel under the same roof. C19 wood and lead cupola
to the west end with louvred base and 2 arches to each side over.
West wall with brick to gable apex has a moulded ashlar doorway
with pendant keystone, C18 panelled double door and overlight.
Gable apex has a single oval ashlar plaque inscribed "E.H. Church
Warden 1747". North wall of rock face ashlar has 2 round arched
windows in flush ashlar quoin surrounds. The east wall with
brick to the gable apex has a single semi-circular arched opening
with moulded ashlar archivolt and keystone, arch supported on
single pair of ashlar pilasters. Opening now blocked with brick.
In the gable apex is a single circular pivotal glazing bar
casement with 4 ashlar keyblocks. The brick south wall has 2
segmental arched glazing bar cross casements with ashlar impost
and keyblocks. Interior has a panelled ceiling. ..
Listing NGR: TF3763270220
Other nearby listed buildings