This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1828 / 53°10'57"N
Longitude: -0.0111 / 0°0'39"W
OS Eastings: 533006
OS Northings: 366919
OS Grid: TF330669
Mapcode National: GBR JSZ.J0G
Mapcode Global: WHHKR.S8XC
Entry Name: Church of St Swithin
Listing Date: 14 September 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359701
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196116
Location: Lusby with Winceby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE23
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Lusby with Winceby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Lusby St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 36 NW
1/1 Church of St.
Former Parish Church, now disused. Early C19 on medieval
walling, restoration of 1882. Greenstone base, red brick above,
ashlar dressings, slate roof. Single cell, with western
bellcote. In the west wall a planked doorway with segmental
head. In the side walls single 3 light windows with intersecting
tracery. In the east wall a similar 2 light window, all with
semi-circular heads. Louvred bellcote with lead pyramidal roof.
Interior retains no fittings, but 2 white marble wall slabs, one
by Turnerelli of London of 1776, to Sarah Parkinson, the other of
1846 by Rayson of Horncastle. In a state of dereliction.
Listing NGR: TF3300666919
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.