This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0783 / 53°4'41"N
Longitude: -0.0437 / 0°2'37"W
OS Eastings: 531141
OS Northings: 355241
OS Grid: TF311552
Mapcode National: GBR JV9.1R3
Mapcode Global: WHHL4.9WFG
Entry Name: Church of St Paul
Listing Date: 3 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359721
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196216
Location: Carrington, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE22
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Carrington
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Sibsey and Carrington group St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 35 NW CARRINGTON NEW BOLINGBROKE ROAD
4/3 Church of St. Paul
Parish church. 1816, probably by Jeptha Pacey, 1872. Red brick
with yellow brick dressings to chancel, painted ashlar dressings.
Slate roofs. Wide eaves overhang being bracketed to the nave and
forming open pediments at the east and west ends. Chancel with
dogtooth eaves. Pilaster strips to the nave, defining the bays.
Nave, north vestry, and chancel. West nave with wooden octagonal
cupola each side with single pointed arched opening. Cornice
decorated with orbs, domed lead roof. West nave with pointed
arched doorway, door with blind cusped tracery. Over is a
painted band with single painted rectangular plaque above
inscribed '1816'. North nave of 3 bays each bay with single
pointed arched sash with wooden Y tracery. To the left is the
vestry with pointed arched doorway and single fixed light to the
left. Projecting from the north wall of the 1872 chancel is a
lean-to. Canted east chancel with 3 pointed arched lights. The
south chancel with single similar light. East nave with evidence
of a former band. The south nave corresponds to the north.
Interior. Inner porch with doorway with panelled door leading
to the gallery. Panelled west gallery with cast iron Royal arms.
Doorway with double doors under flanked by single fixed lights
with pointed arched glazing bars. Nave with panelled dado.
Moulded brick chancel arch with painted imposts, hood mould and
decorative label stops. Archway to vestry. Panelled pulpit.
This church was one of many built in this area after the Fen
Churches Act of 1816.
Listing NGR: TF3114155241
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings