This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3914 / 53°23'28"N
Longitude: -0.7724 / 0°46'20"W
OS Eastings: 481737
OS Northings: 388983
OS Grid: SK817889
Mapcode National: GBR RY17.L0
Mapcode Global: WHFG5.30GX
Entry Name: Vicarage of St John the Divine
Listing Date: 12 May 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359746
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196265
Location: Gainsborough, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, DN21
District: West Lindsey
Civil Parish: Gainsborough
Built-Up Area: Gainsborough
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Gainsborough All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
Vicarage of St John the Divine
SK 8188 7/145
Dated '1887 Vigilans' above door, beneath dripmould. Plain Victorian Tudor.
Red brick and ashlar dressings. 2 storeys and attics. 3 dated rain-water-heads.
3 gables, with stone coping and finials, above 2 windows of 4, and 1 of 3 lights,
mullion and transom. String between attic and 1st floors. 1st floor has 3
windows of 6 lights, mullions and transoms. Ground floor has 1 window of 2,
1 of 4 and 1 of single light. Flanking lights to door to right, with arched
head and dripmould. Arched doorway to left in stone surround. Oriel window
to side elevation. Welsh slate roof with coped gable end to right and finial.
School building of St John the Divine; Church of St John the Divine and the Vicarage
of St John the Divine form a group.
Listing NGR: SK8173788983
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings