History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

6 and 8, South Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Caistor, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.497 / 53°29'49"N

Longitude: -0.3148 / 0°18'53"W

OS Eastings: 511888

OS Northings: 401357

OS Grid: TA118013

Mapcode National: GBR VX70.N4

Mapcode Global: WHHJ2.4CCG

Entry Name: 6 and 8, South Street

Listing Date: 1 November 1966

Last Amended: 24 January 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1359796

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196637

Location: Caistor, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN7

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

Civil Parish: Caistor

Built-Up Area: Caistor

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Caistor with Clixby

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Nettleton

Listing Text

TA 1001-1101 CAISTOR SOUTH STREET
(east side)

9/89 Nos 6 and 8 (even)
(formerly listed
1-11-66 under Market Place as
premises occupied
by Miss B. Talbot)

G.V. II

Corn Hill facade. House and shop, formerly one property now 2.
Early C18,late C18, C19 and C20 alterations. Brick, part
painted, pantile roof with right hand raised tumbled gable and
slight kneeler. 3 bay 2 storey facade with 3 doors, that on the
left early C19 with moulded panels having semicircular heads with
to right a rectangular oriel bay window with 3 lights, early C19,
in the tops of the lights are Moorish arches, the spandrels of
which have delicate pierced carving. Above is a deeply moulded
and bracketed cornice. Right again is a C20 1/2 glazed door with
segmental head. Beyond is a third door having 4 moulded panels
with 4 paned overlight, flanked by single late C18 glazing bar
bow windows supported on paired wooden brackets. Above this door
and the windows is a projecting tiled canopy supported on plain
supported brackets to either side of the door. On the first
floor are 3 three light casements which have broken open the
earlier openings. The front of this building is separately
described under the entry for 8-9 Market Place.


Listing NGR: TA1188801357

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.