History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old Hall Stables

A Grade II Listed Building in Gautby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2322 / 53°13'55"N

Longitude: -0.2383 / 0°14'17"W

OS Eastings: 517690

OS Northings: 372022

OS Grid: TF176720

Mapcode National: GBR HQS.6LJ

Mapcode Global: WHHKG.90SY

Entry Name: Old Hall Stables

Listing Date: 15 November 1973

Last Amended: 6 September 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1359913

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195203

Location: Gautby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN8

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Gautby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Bardney St Lawrence

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Panton

Listing Text

GAUTBY GAUTBY GREAT PARK
TF 17 SE
3/18 Old Hall Stables
15-11-73 (Formerly listed as "The Old
Stables" at Gautby)
G.V. II
Former stable block to Gautby Hall, now house and garages. Built
for the Vyner family in 1756 with C20 alterations. Red brick
with some ashlar dressings, pantile roof with raised stone coped
gables, that on the right having stepped top, and gable stack to
left, and a single ridge stack. At the rear is an external wall
stack. 2 storey 10 bay front, at the left are 6 basket arches
with ashlar impost blocks, 3 have C20 double planked doors and 3
are blocked, containing C20 sash windows. To the right are 4
semi-circular headed openings, containing C20 glazing bar sashes.
The heads are original, but 2 of the openings have been extended
from Diocletian windows. To first floor are 8 C20 glazing bar
sashes with segmental heads. In the right hand gable which has 2
brick bands are 2 deeply set semi-circular headed arches with
ashlar impost and key blocks, now containing C20 windows and
above are 2 C20 glazing bar sashes. The rear elevation has been
altered in C20 but still contains 4 oval lights at first floor
level. Interior retains at right hand end its original oak
pegged staggered butt purlin roof. Gautby Hall was demolished in
1872 and the stable block is the sole survivor of the main Park
buildings.


Listing NGR: TF1769072022

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.