History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old Station

A Grade II Listed Building in Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1424 / 53°8'32"N

Longitude: -0.2419 / 0°14'30"W

OS Eastings: 517696

OS Northings: 362031

OS Grid: TF176620

Mapcode National: GBR HRQ.ZM9

Mapcode Global: WHHKV.882S

Entry Name: Old Station

Listing Date: 6 September 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1359922

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195251

Location: Woodhall Spa, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN10

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Woodhall Spa

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Woodhall Spa St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Woodhall Spa

Listing Text

WOODHALL SPA WITHAM ROAD
TF 16 SE
9/69 No. 205
(Old Station)
II
Former railway station and stationmaster's house, now house. c.1847 with C20 alterations
Red brick with yellow brick dressings, hipped and gabled slate roofs with deep overhangs
and wide bracketed bargeboards, central multiple brick stack. Central single bay
3 storey hipped block with 2 yellow brick bands has to left a 2 storey range at
right angles and to lefts single storey gabled block. The off centre half glazed
door with semi-circular yellow brick surround is set in a single storey block, which
links the 2 and 3 storey ranges. In the 3 storey block is a large plain sash with
bracketed roof over, to first floor is a pair of semi-circular headed plain sashes
in yellow brick surrounds, and to second floor a further plain sash is flanked by
single blank recesses with yellow brick heads. The single storey wing on the left
has been altered C20 to provide a garage, it was originally the station building.
The platform remains but the railway line has been dismantled.


Listing NGR: TF1769662031

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.