This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.4765 / 53°28'35"N
Longitude: -0.0761 / 0°4'33"W
OS Eastings: 527781
OS Northings: 399471
OS Grid: TF277994
Mapcode National: GBR WXX7.BH
Mapcode Global: WHHJ5.SWY7
Entry Name: Old Rectory
Listing Date: 30 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359936
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195315
Location: Grainsby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, DN36
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Grainsby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Grainsby St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 29 NE GRAINSBY CHURCH LANE
4/8 Old Rectory
Former Rectory, now house. 1846 by Joseph Chapman of Binbrook,
with minor late C19 alterations. Red brick with moulded brick
dressings, fish scale slate roof with reused tile coped gables
with brick kneelers and finials, and 2 ridge stacks. Parallel
ranges. 2 storey with garret, 3 bay front with plinth, moulded
string and eaves course, the centre bay is advanced and gabled.
Central Tudor arched panelled and glazed door with single fixed
flanking lights covered by brick porch with outer Tudor doorway.
To left glazing bar French doors and to right a 3 light casement
window with wooden mullions. To first floor a central
rectangular orielwith hipped roof having 2 light glazing bar
casement, flanked by single 2 light glazing bar casements with
wooden mullion. All windows have moulded brick hoods. Above the
oriel is a small fixed light.
Source: MGA Plan 312, Lincoln Archives.
Listing NGR: TF2778199470
Other nearby listed buildings