This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4491 / 53°26'56"N
Longitude: 0.0856 / 0°5'8"E
OS Eastings: 538602
OS Northings: 396730
OS Grid: TF386967
Mapcode National: GBR YX1K.B9
Mapcode Global: WHJKL.9K0P
Entry Name: Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 30 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359939
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195326
Location: Grainthorpe, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Grainthorpe
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Grainthorpe St Clement
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 39 NE GRAINTHORPE off MAIN STREET
6/19 Old Vicarage
Former vicarage, now house. 1816, altered and enlarged 1830 by
W. Coulam, surveyor and builder of Louth. Red brick with painted
stucco dressings. Concrete tiled roof with coped gable and stack
and hipped left hand end. L-plan. 2 storey, 3 bay front,
central 6 panelled door with traceried overlight with fluted
pilaster doorcase and dentillated hood, flanked by single glazing
bar sashes. To first floor 3 similar windows. All windows have
splayed rusticated stucco lintels with fluted keyblocks. Source:
The plans show that the original house was substantially altered.
Ref. 3CCl/E/1583. Lincoln Archives.
Listing NGR: TF3860296730
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings