This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3387 / 53°20'19"N
Longitude: -0.0727 / 0°4'21"W
OS Eastings: 528419
OS Northings: 384151
OS Grid: TF284841
Mapcode National: GBR WYYT.1W
Mapcode Global: WHHJY.VBKV
Entry Name: Old Rectory
Listing Date: 24 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359952
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195303
Location: Withcall, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Withcall
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Raithby St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
WITHCALL CHURCH LANE
TF 28 SE
10/51 Old Rectory
Former rectory, now house. c.1850 by S. S. Teulon, for Hon. &
Rev. A. H. Gore, altered 1869 by James Fowler of Louth.
Red/yellow brick and red brick, with ashlar dressings, having
slate roofs with raised stone coped gables, single gable and
ridge stacks. Parallel ranges. 2 storey plus attics, 3 bay
front with plinth and dentillated eaves course. Central slightly
advanced and gabled bay has a 2 storey canted bay glazing bar
sash window, and is flanked by single rectangular tripartite bay
windows with hipped slate roofs having lead dressings. To first
floor the canted bay is flanked by single glazing bar sashes.
All windows have flat brick arches with keyblocks. To attics a
central glazing bar sash to gable is flanked by triangular headed
glazing bar sash dormers with figured bargeboards. The right
hand bay is in red brick and an addition of 1869. To the left
hand side front is a semi-circular headed glazed door with
keyblock with to right a similar window and beyond a Teulon
fireplace window with moulded rectangular surround. To first
floor a small oriel with elaborate rectangular brick surround,
and coped base with decorative brick brackets. Teulon's original
plans show that the 1869 extension was planned as a position for
a future dining room and that the fireplace window must have been
added during construction. Source: MGA plans, Lincoln Archives.
Listing NGR: TF2841984151
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.