This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2615 / 53°15'41"N
Longitude: 0.1807 / 0°10'50"E
OS Eastings: 545555
OS Northings: 376050
OS Grid: TF455760
Mapcode National: GBR YZPQ.XK
Mapcode Global: WHJLL.R980
Entry Name: War Memorial in Churchyard, South Side of Church
Listing Date: 30 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359977
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195524
Location: Alford, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN13
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Alford
Built-Up Area: Alford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Alford St Wilfrid
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
ALFORD CHURCH STREET
5/2 War Memorial in
side of church
War memorial. By Sir Ninian Comper. 1919. Ashlar. In the
form of a medieval churchyard cross, square base on 3 octagonal
steps, supporting tapering octagonal shaft rising to castellated
top and crucifixion. The faces of base and steps are inscribed
and the west face has a wreath containing the inscription "To the
Men of Alford who gave their lives in the Great War 1914-19".
Listing NGR: TF4555576050
This List entry has been amended to add sources for War Memorials Online and the War Memorials Register. These sources were not used in the compilation of this List entry but are added here as a guide for further reading, 5 October 2017.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings