This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2585 / 53°15'30"N
Longitude: 0.1707 / 0°10'14"E
OS Eastings: 544895
OS Northings: 375694
OS Grid: TF448756
Mapcode National: GBR YZMR.RN
Mapcode Global: WHJLL.LCHB
Entry Name: Queen Elizabeth Grammar School
Listing Date: 30 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359981
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195556
Location: Alford, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN13
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Alford
Built-Up Area: Alford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Alford St Wilfrid
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
ALFORD STATION ROAD
(south east side)
6/33 Queen Elizabeth
Grammar school. 1881, with minor early C20 addition. Yellow
Farlesthorpe brick with red brick polychromatic bands, ashlar
dressings, decorative tiled roofs, wooden shingled bellcote and 3
tall ribbed yellow brick ridge stacks. H-plan. 2 storey, 5 bay
front, the left hand 2 bays and the right hand bay being advanced
and separately gabled with plain bargeboards arranged in a
lattice pattern at the gable. The left hand gable has a wood
shingled bellcote with arched timber framework and tall spirelet.
2 central 2 light glazing bar casements have to the left 2 taller
glazing bar casement and to the right a similar plain 2 light
window. To the first floor 2 adjacent central 3 light glazing
bar casements to eaves, to left 2 two light casements and to
right a single 2 light casement. The windows have flat brick or
ashlar heads and brick relieving arches over. In the 2 gables
are single ashlar ventilation panels. To the right hand side
front is a 6 panelled door with overlight and side lights, over
which is a projecting gabled bay supported on 4 carved brackets.
To the left hand side front, partly obscured by an early C20
single storey extension is a projecting and gabled bay with an
inscribed ashlar panel "Erected AD 1881".
Listing NGR: TF4489575694
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings