History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable Block at Abbey Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Keddington, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3784 / 53°22'42"N

Longitude: 0.0315 / 0°1'53"E

OS Eastings: 535229

OS Northings: 388760

OS Grid: TF352887

Mapcode National: GBR XYNC.LN

Mapcode Global: WHHJT.GB6W

Entry Name: Stable Block at Abbey Farmhouse

Listing Date: 17 November 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1359989

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195478

Location: Keddington, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Keddington

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Louth

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Louth

Listing Text

KEDDINGTON SOUTH COCKERINGTON
TF 38 NE ROAD (south side)
8/36 Stable block at
Abbey Farmhouse
II

Stable block. 1663, late C18, early C19. Colourwashed red
brick. Pantile roof with decorated eaves and coped gables. 2
storey, 8 bay front with 2 large doorways to right with segmental
heads and double plank doors. Large doorway beyond with wooden
lintel and double plank doors. 2 small doorways to left, that to
right with partially glazed door, that to left with plank door.
Glazing bar casement beyond with segmental head. Large doorway
to left with plank doors and segmental head. 2 small glazing bar
casements above to right with round heads filled with blind,
pointed tracery. 2 small glazing bar casements beyond to left,
both with wooden lintels. 4 small glazing bar windows to left,
all with segmental heads. Carriage archway to right with
segmental head and plaque with coat of arms, illegible
inscription and date '1663' inscribed, re-set above archway to
south.


Listing NGR: TF3522988760

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.