History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Greenways

A Grade II Listed Building in Gayton Le Marsh, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3242 / 53°19'27"N

Longitude: 0.1326 / 0°7'57"E

OS Eastings: 542138

OS Northings: 382929

OS Grid: TF421829

Mapcode National: GBR YZC0.H2

Mapcode Global: WHJL6.0PFY

Entry Name: Greenways

Listing Date: 9 July 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1360011

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195610

Location: Gayton Le Marsh, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN13

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Gayton le Marsh

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Strubby Wold Marsh St Oswald

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Little Carlton

Listing Text

TF 48 SW GAYTON LE MARSH WITHERN ROAD
4/4 Greenways
II
Former rectory, now house. 1834, with minor C20 alterations.
Painted brick, hipped concrete tiled roof, with 2 tall ridge
stacks. L-plan. 2 storey, 3 bay front, with overhanging eaves,
plinth, first floor band and corbelled out cornice. The central
bay is advanced and pedimented. The central C20 double glazed
doors, with overlight, are set in a projecting porch with moulded
parapet having small central pediment with scrolls to either
side. The semi-circular headed outer doorway has large imposts
and is flanked by tall rectangular recesses. To either side of
the porch are single semi-circular recesses containing semi-
circular headed glazing bar sashes. To first floor are 3
glazing bar sashes. In the central pediment is a rectangular
datestone with 1834 in raised letters and indecipherable
initials. To the left at right angles is a lower 2 storey 3 bay
range, with very tall chimney. To ground floor are 2 semi-
circular headed niches, one with fanlight, separated by planked
opening and to left double doors. To first floor are 3 glazing
bar sashes with cambered brick heads.


Listing NGR: TF4213882929

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.