This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6541 / 52°39'14"N
Longitude: -0.4743 / 0°28'27"W
OS Eastings: 503304
OS Northings: 307359
OS Grid: TF033073
Mapcode National: GBR FVS.LXK
Mapcode Global: WHGLX.PKC4
Entry Name: Chapel of Stamford School
Listing Date: 22 May 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1360016
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193783
Location: Stamford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Stamford
Built-Up Area: Stamford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Stamford St George
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
1671 ST PAUL'S STREET
Chapel of Stamford School
TF 0307 1/301 22.5.54.
Remains of St Paul's Church (C14 and C15 work) incorporated into modern chapel.
Coursed stone with roof of stone slates. Crenellated parapet. 4 windows of 3
lights under rectangular dripmould. Frieze of small modillions skirts foot of
windows. Offset end buttress. Small moulded doorway. Modern main doorway to
side with rectangular dripmould and gable with finial. Interior - Early English
4-bay North arcade. 2 finely moulded tomb recesses of circa 1300.
Listing NGR: TF0330407359
Other nearby listed buildings