This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8264 / 52°49'35"N
Longitude: -0.4793 / 0°28'45"W
OS Eastings: 502560
OS Northings: 326513
OS Grid: TF025265
Mapcode National: GBR FSM.ZJW
Mapcode Global: WHGL4.L7Z1
Entry Name: Thimleby Almshouses
Listing Date: 30 October 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1360107
English Heritage Legacy ID: 194163
Location: Irnham, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG33
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Irnham
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Irnham St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
IRNHAM SWINSTEAD ROAD
TF 0226-0326 (west side)
30.10.68 Thimleby Almshouses
Almshouses. 1712 with C20 restoration. Squared limestone rubble
with ashlar quoins and dressings, plain tiled roof, raised stone
coped gables, 2 ridge and 2 gable moulded stone stacks. Single
storey, 13 bay front, the middle 3 bays being gabled. Central
door with, on the lintel "The Gift of John Thimleby Esqr 1712"
inscribed. Flanked by a pair of windows and a door repeated
once. The doorways are simply chamfered and have low pediments.
There are 3 original planked doors remaining. Windows are of 2
lights with chamfered mullions, plain lights and casements. John
Thimleby, buried at Irnham Church in 1712, was the last of his
line at Irnham Hall.
Listing NGR: TF0256026513
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings