History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Laurels

A Grade II Listed Building in Market Deeping, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6745 / 52°40'28"N

Longitude: -0.313 / 0°18'46"W

OS Eastings: 514160

OS Northings: 309872

OS Grid: TF141098

Mapcode National: GBR GX3.CPH

Mapcode Global: WHHN4.516G

Entry Name: The Laurels

Listing Date: 22 June 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1360171

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194545

Location: Market Deeping, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE6

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Market Deeping

Built-Up Area: Market Deeping

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Market Deeping

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Market Deeping

Listing Text

TF 1409-1509 MARKET DEEPING HIGH STREET
(north side)

14/160 The Laurels

II

House, now rest home for the elderly. C18, c.1800, c.1830, 1875.
Squared yellow limestone rubble with limestone ashlar quoins and
dressings. Collyweston slate roof with moulded raised stone
coped gables, pinnacles. 2 valley stacks each with 4 moulded
octagonal shafts. Parallel range plan. 2 storey, 4 bay front,
the left hand 3 bays are c.1830 and slightly advanced. Plinth,
moulded first floor band, moulded parapets. Off-centre door with
cusped panels and tall narrow side lights, covered by ashlar flat
roofed porch with 4 centred outer arch, octagonal pilasters
supporting a coped parapet, flanked by single 2 storey
rectangular bay windows with shaped gables and pinnacles with
single 3 light windows to each floor, all with moulded hoods and
trefoils in the gables. Over the porch is a mullioned and
transomed margin light casement, with moulded hood and decorative
stops, and above a shield and moulded wall stack. To the right a
2 storey rectangular bay window with 4 lights to each floor and
in the shaped gable over a shield bearing the initials WPN and
date 1875 in raised letters. At the rear is a c.1800 bow window
with Gothick frieze and a tall window with Gothick tracery
lighting the stair.


Listing NGR: TF1416009872

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.