History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church Lees Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Heydour, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9445 / 52°56'40"N

Longitude: -0.4998 / 0°29'59"W

OS Eastings: 500903

OS Northings: 339624

OS Grid: TF009396

Mapcode National: GBR FR8.DG9

Mapcode Global: WHGKK.977Z

Entry Name: Church Lees Farmhouse

Listing Date: 20 September 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1360325

English Heritage Legacy ID: 193229

Location: Heydour, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG32

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Heydour

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Ancaster Wilsford Group

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Ancaster

Listing Text

TF 03 NW HEYDOUR MAIN STREET
(north side)
3/14
Church Lees Farmhouse

II

Possibly former rectory, now farm house; c.1700 with major alterations and
addition in c.1800. Ashlar with hipped slate roof and deeply overhanging
eaves to main block, Collyweston slate roof with brick gable stack to c.1700
block. 2 bay 1 1/2 storey original front with C20 glazed door and to left a
3 light casement. Above a 3 light Yorkshire sash to eaves. To the right the
main c.1800 front of 2 1/2 storeys with 3 bays having central 6 panelled door with
3 paned overlight, flanked by single glazing bar sashes. Above door a blocked
window forming a niche in which there stands a C14 carved figure of a musician,
flanked by single glazing bar sashes. Above are three smaller glazing bar
sashes. A reused stone in the facade, placed upside down, is inscribed "RC
1777". Interior has shield stopped beams in 1700 part and shutters with panelled
reveals in 1800 part.


Listing NGR: TF0090339623

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.