History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

County Primary School and School Master's House

A Grade II Listed Building in Woolsthorpe By Belvoir, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8962 / 52°53'46"N

Longitude: -0.7571 / 0°45'25"W

OS Eastings: 483711

OS Northings: 333917

OS Grid: SK837339

Mapcode National: GBR CNV.FFC

Mapcode Global: WHFJH.BGQK

Entry Name: County Primary School and School Master's House

Listing Date: 9 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1360357

English Heritage Legacy ID: 193424

Location: Woolsthorpe By Belvoir, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG32

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Woolsthorpe By Belvoir

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Woolsthorpe St James

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Belvoir

Listing Text

WOOLSTHORPE BY BELVOIR VILLAGE STREET
SK 83 SW
(west side)
2/182 County Primary
School and School-
master's House
G.V. II
Infants School and Schoolmaster's house. 1871, enlarged 1894.
Rockfaced ironstone ashlar with limestone ashlar quoins and
dressings, stone coped slate roofs with kneelers and lead ball
finials. 2 ridge and single wall stacks, with diagonally set
paired ashlar stacks with deeply moulded cornices. 2 ridge
ventilator turrets with pyramidal roofs and lead dressings.
Single storey with attics, 8 bay front, the left hand bay and
second bay from right are advanced and separately gabled, stone
dentillated eaves. To the right a half glazed door with cornice,
in the advanced bay to the left, a large canted bay window with a
3 light window over and a gable slot. Beyond to the left a pair
of 3 light mullioned and transomed casements with cornices, a
pair of tall through eaves and separately gabled 3 light
transomed windows with central 3 light window with cornice. In
the left hand advanced bay a doorway with above a plaque
inscribed "Erected AD 1871, enlarged 1894" and above a slot to
the gable.


Listing NGR: SK8371133917

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.