This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.648 / 52°38'52"N
Longitude: -0.4771 / 0°28'37"W
OS Eastings: 503131
OS Northings: 306670
OS Grid: TF031066
Mapcode National: GBR FVS.S8W
Mapcode Global: WHGLX.NP1V
Entry Name: 47-50, St Martin's
Listing Date: 22 May 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1360411
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193700
Location: Stamford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Stamford
Built-Up Area: Stamford
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
1671 ST MARTIN'S
Nos 47 to 50 (consec)
TF 0306 2/227 22.5.54.
Early C18. Ashlar. Stone slate roof. 3 hipped dormers, Heavy modillion stone
eaves cornice, Stone plinth. 3 windows in shouldered surrounds with rusticated
arches with keystone. Ground floor windows are of slightly different pattern.
All have hung sashes with glazing bars and are in plain reveals, Stone bands continue
cills. Ground floor has 2 doors, alternating with 3 windows. Doorways with plain
stone surrounds with impost bands, rounded heads, that on the North being the passage
entry to Nos 47, 48 and 49. The 2 last are 2-storey C19 cottages added at back.
No 49 is probably now one occupancy with No 48.
Nos 39 to 43 (consec), Garden Wall to No 43, No 44, Wall to No 44, Nos 49 to 70
(consec), Garden Wall to Nos 68 and 69 with Burghley Almshouses form a group.
Listing NGR: TF0313106670
Other nearby listed buildings