This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0743 / 53°4'27"N
Longitude: -0.6944 / 0°41'39"W
OS Eastings: 487563
OS Northings: 353805
OS Grid: SK875538
Mapcode National: GBR CLS.C6Z
Mapcode Global: WHGJP.9ZKK
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 23 August 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1360525
English Heritage Legacy ID: 192367
Location: Beckingham, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN5
District: North Kesteven
Civil Parish: Beckingham
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Beckingham All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
BECKINGHAM MAIN STREET
SK 85 SE
5/16 Church of All Saints
Parish church. C12, C13, C14, C15 restored 1888. West tower, nave with aisles
and south porch, chancel and north vestry. Ashlar and coursed rubble with ashlar
dressings. Lead and slate roofs. Ashlar coped gables topped with cross finials.
Angle buttresses with set-offs, some gabled. Moulded plinth except on chancel.
All windows except aisle window have hood moulds with label stops. Four stage
tower has moulded bands. West doorway, has 4-centred chamfered arch with C19
plank door, above a 3-light window in a double chamfered arch with panel tracery.
On the north and south a 2-light window in a chamfered 4-centred arch. The
third stage is blank, with a clock on the east face. The fourth stage has 2-
light bell openings in pairs, within deeply chamfered lancets, under ogee hood
moulds which rise to pinnacles. The tower is topped with battlements and all
together 8 crocketed pinnacles. The 4 bay clerestory has 2-light panel tracery
windows in chamfered 4-centred arch surrounds. The north aisle has a 2-light
west window with panel tracery under a 4-centred arch, and on the north a round
headed doorway with single shafts, zig-zag and nailhead, decorated with faces
foliage and animals. Also 3, 3-light panel tracery windows in chamfered segment
arch surrounds. The vestry has a single lancet to the north and another 3-light
panel tracery window to the east. The chancel has a single lancet and a 2-light
flowing tracery window. The east end has 3 restored lancets, and the south
wall has 2 windows the same as those to the north. The south aisle has single
2-light panel tracery windows to the east and west and 3 similar 3-light windows
to the south all in chamfered segment arch surrounds. The porch arch has triple
shafts, nailhead in the capitals and a deeply moulded chamfered arch. The south
doorway has triple keeled shafts with dog-tooth between and dog-tooth and zig-
zag in the moulded arch. The interior has 4 bay north and south arcades with
double chamfered pointed arches supported on elaborate compound piers and responds.
Alternating one with 4 shafts and 4 spurs in the diagonals and then another
with 4 keeled and dog-tooth in the diagonals. The chancel arch has triple shaft
responds with shaftrings and a moulded arch. Octagonal font, with arched faces,
supported on 4 circular piers. C19 pews, pulpit and chancel screen. Stained
glass window in the north aisle of 1885 by Gibbs. Monument, early C14, defaced
effigy of a lady.
Listing NGR: SK8756353805
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings