This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0756 / 53°4'32"N
Longitude: -0.6351 / 0°38'6"W
OS Eastings: 491535
OS Northings: 354027
OS Grid: SK915540
Mapcode National: GBR DN6.28P
Mapcode Global: WHGJQ.6YTJ
Entry Name: The Priory, Gates and Gatepiers
Listing Date: 23 August 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1360527
English Heritage Legacy ID: 192376
Location: Brant Broughton and Stragglethorpe, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN5
District: North Kesteven
Civil Parish: Brant Broughton and Straggleth
Built-Up Area: Brant Broughton
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Brant Broughton St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
BRANT BROUGHTON AND STRAGGLETHORPE CHURCH WALK
SK 95 SW
6/25 (west side)
23.8.67 The Priory, Gates and
House. 1658, built for William Garnon. Coursed rubble with ashlar dressings.
Pantile hipped roof with 3 wall stacks with broad moulded stone bases with set-
offs topped by tall brick shafts, and a single moulded stone ridge stack.
Moulded stone plinth, first floor band and eaves cornice. Quoins. 3 bay. 2
storey. Main, east front has central doorway with staff moulded ashlar surround
and plank door. Above 2 light chamfered and mullioned overlight topped by an
inset plaque inscribed GWA. 1658, over which first floor band rises. Either
side single chamfered 2 light cross windows with 3 similar windows above. South
front has a single centrally placed chamfered 3 light cross window on each floor.
Low 2 storey C18 brick extension to rear. Interior has fine contemporary,
carved, single flight return staircase and a panelled room with staff moulded
stone fire place. The attached garden wall has centrally placed iron gates with
a pair of rusticated gate piers with moulded caps topped by ball finials.
Listing NGR: SK9153554027
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings