This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6256 / 52°37'32"N
Longitude: -0.9973 / 0°59'50"W
OS Eastings: 467970
OS Northings: 303562
OS Grid: SK679035
Mapcode National: GBR 9P5.6PW
Mapcode Global: WHFKQ.N89H
Entry Name: Granary Cottage the Old Bakehouse
Listing Date: 21 December 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1361024
English Heritage Legacy ID: 190673
Location: Houghton on the Hill, Harborough, Leicestershire, LE7
Civil Parish: Houghton on the Hill
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Houghton on the Hill St Catharine
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
HOUGHTON ON THE HILL
SK 60 SE MAIN STREET (North Side)
5/11A No. 15 (The Old Bakehouse)
and 15A (Granary Cottage)
House, now 2 dwellings. C18, dated 1760, and early C19. Red brick, in small
part rendered, with whitewashed front, and Swithland and Welsh slate roofs
with brick ridge and end stacks, those to left and rear truncated. 2 ranges,
that to left lower and C18. Two storeys of 4 3-light centre-opening casements,
the 2 to right with cambered lintels. On ground floor 4 3-light horizontal
sliding sashes with top lights and cambered lintels. 4-panelled stable-type
door centre right. Chamfered beams inside. 2 storey part outbuilding wing
to rear of left range. Inside this are 2 tie beam trusses with clasped principals.
Wing (No. 15A) to rear of right range. Colourwash rendered brick, C20 casements,
door, and C20 side stack. Chamfered beams inside. Formerly an outbuilding/granary,
converted C20. Tablet on gable inscribed 'T.W.A. 1760'.
Listing NGR: SK6797003562
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings