This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7472 / 52°44'49"N
Longitude: -1.4698 / 1°28'11"W
OS Eastings: 435884
OS Northings: 316748
OS Grid: SK358167
Mapcode National: GBR 6H0.M7L
Mapcode Global: WHDHS.D69S
Entry Name: The Market Hall
Listing Date: 29 September 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1361590
English Heritage Legacy ID: 187656
Location: Ashby-de-la-Zouch, North West Leicestershire, Leicestershire, LE65
District: North West Leicestershire
Civil Parish: Ashby-de-la-Zouch
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Ashby-de-la-Zouch St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 30/03/2016
SK 3516 1/77
MARKET STREET (South Side)
The Market Hall
To rear of Town Hall (qv). Built 1857, designed by Henry Isaac Stevens of Derby. Interior of cast iron construction. 14 bays length, the 2 outer bays used as porches. North entrance wall of wood, other walls brick with interval piers. South end has round arch at end of main hall giving access to entrance with panelled double doors. Interior of 10 bays length. Each bay round arched across centre. Aisled with stalls in aisles behind arcades.
Listing NGR: SK3588416748
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings