This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7481 / 52°44'53"N
Longitude: -1.4712 / 1°28'16"W
OS Eastings: 435792
OS Northings: 316855
OS Grid: SK357168
Mapcode National: GBR 6H0.LVZ
Mapcode Global: WHDHS.C6N1
Entry Name: No. 8a Mill Lane Mews
Listing Date: 29 September 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1361600
English Heritage Legacy ID: 187692
Location: Ashby-de-la-Zouch, North West Leicestershire, Leicestershire, LE65
District: North West Leicestershire
Civil Parish: Ashby-de-la-Zouch
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Ashby-de-la-Zouch St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 29/03/2016
SK 3516 1/94
MILL LANE MEWS (east side),
(Formerly listed as Premises occupied by C J Lewis (Ashby) Ltd, MILL LANE (East Side))
Built 1817 as a General Baptist chapel. Incised stucco facade with band at 1st floor sill and eaves cornice. 2 storeys. 4 windows, early C19 sashes with glazing bars. Ground floor has triple arched entrance asymmetrically placed. Centre round arch with archivolt, keystone and vermiculated impost bands contains double doors with fanlight above. Similar arches, now blind, to either side. Raised entrance platform across all 3 with front and side steps. Rear or eastern facade has 2 large round arched centre windows with glazing bars, including decorative outer band.
Listing NGR: SK3579216855
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings