This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8122 / 53°48'44"N
Longitude: -2.7258 / 2°43'32"W
OS Eastings: 352305
OS Northings: 435348
OS Grid: SD523353
Mapcode National: GBR 9SDC.N5
Mapcode Global: WH85F.3F8T
Entry Name: Milestone on West Side of Road Circa 50 Metres North of Helms Farm
Listing Date: 13 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1361644
English Heritage Legacy ID: 185852
Location: Broughton, Preston, Lancashire, PR3
Civil Parish: Broughton
Built-Up Area: Broughton (Preston)
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Broughton St John The Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 53 NW BARTON GARSTANG ROAD
4/5 Milestone on west side of
road c.50 metres north of
Milestone, mid- to later C18. Convex triangular stone with rounded top,
recessed panels in each of the 2 sides to the road lettered in cursive
Garstang and Preston
(the word "Miles" at the bottom of each panel obscured by raised ground
level). History: erected by Preston and Garstang Turnpike Trust, established
1751; one of ten such milestones in unbroken sequence.
Listing NGR: SD5230535348
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings