This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8739 / 53°52'26"N
Longitude: -2.6583 / 2°39'29"W
OS Eastings: 356817
OS Northings: 442168
OS Grid: SD568421
Mapcode National: GBR 9RWN.91
Mapcode Global: WH966.4WFK
Entry Name: Wood Fold Farmhouse
Listing Date: 11 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1361658
English Heritage Legacy ID: 185927
Location: Goosnargh, Preston, Lancashire, PR3
Civil Parish: Goosnargh
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Whitechapel St James
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 54 SE
Wood Fold Farmhouse
Farmhouse, dated 1696 on lintel. Sandstone rubble brought to courses, with quoins, slate roof with 2 brick chimneys. Three-bay baffle-entry plan, with rear outshut added to 3rd bay. Two storeys; continuous hollow-moulded dripcourse stepped over lintel of door; in line with ridge chimney at junction of 2nd and 3rd bays a moulded doorway with shaped lintel lettered in relief B T E 1696, 3 windows at ground floor and 4 above, all altered but in original horizontal rectangular openings, and with one chamfered mullion remaining in each at ground floor and the 1st above. Rear: middle bay has a 4-light housepart window mostly blocked but with geometrical leaded glazing (like that of Ashes Farmhouse, q.v.) exposed in the 4th light, a blocked 2-light stairlight to the right, and a 2-light window at 1st floor.
Interior: housepart has inglenook with ovolo-moulded bressummer, 2 similarly moulded beams (boxed); kitchen has 2 chamfered beams; some timber-framed and wattle and daub partitions.
Listing NGR: SD5681742168
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings