This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8413 / 53°50'28"N
Longitude: -2.1944 / 2°11'39"W
OS Eastings: 387303
OS Northings: 438360
OS Grid: SD873383
Mapcode National: GBR FS30.QQ
Mapcode Global: WHB7R.8Q80
Entry Name: Cemetery Chapel, Walton Lane
Listing Date: 29 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1361734
English Heritage Legacy ID: 186346
Location: Nelson, Pendle, Lancashire, BB9
Civil Parish: Nelson
Built-Up Area: Nelson (Pendle)
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Great Marsden St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 83 NE
Cemetery Chapel, Walton Lane
Cemetery chapel. 1815. Stone. Slate roof. One storey. Symmetrical. Twin chapels linked by archway with 2-centred head. Multiple moulding and voussoirs. Gabled above. Square tower with trefoil headed window. Octagonal spire. Flanking chapels have gabled porch, 2 centred arch-headed window with geometrical tracery.Outer flat roofed section, castellated. Doorway in right hand chapel, chamfered reveals. Twin gable behind is higher with decorated chimney stack on outer return. Outer flat roofed section with moulded balustrade. Buttresses with crocketed pinnacles to higher gable and balustrade, central arch and tower. Crocketed decoration to spire. Finials on all peaks.
Listing NGR: SD8730338360
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings