History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Farmhouse, Hill Top Farm Cottage, the Old Barn and Stables Corner

A Grade II Listed Building in Trawden Forest, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8563 / 53°51'22"N

Longitude: -2.1349 / 2°8'5"W

OS Eastings: 391224

OS Northings: 440016

OS Grid: SD912400

Mapcode National: GBR FRJV.LC

Mapcode Global: WHB7S.5BNJ

Entry Name: The Old Farmhouse, Hill Top Farm Cottage, the Old Barn and Stables Corner

Listing Date: 29 January 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1361765

English Heritage Legacy ID: 186401

Location: Trawden Forest, Pendle, Lancashire, BB8

County: Lancashire

District: Pendle

Civil Parish: Trawden Forest

Built-Up Area: Colne

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Colne Christ Church

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Laneshaw Bridge

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 13/04/2016

SD 94 SW
8/235

TRAWDEN
Winewall
LANE TOP
The Old Farmhouse, Hill Top Farm Cottage, The Old Barn and Stables Corner

(Formerly listed as Hill Top Farmhouse and attached barn, HILL TOP )


23.4.52

II
Farmhouse and barn, now in four occupations. House dated 1661, certainly late C17. Rubble with quoins and plinth. Stone slate roof, stone coping and kneelers. 2-cell double depth plan. Ground floor has one 2-light stone mullioned window, one 4-light and one 5-light similar with chamfered door between. All ground floor openings have hoodmoulds. 1st floor has one 2-light window, and two 4-light windows; some have chamfered jambs and head. Left hand return has single storey porch with carved door head and inner oak studded door. Gable of porch has 2 small arch headed windows with reset datestone above inscribed MB/1661. Interior contains Tudor arched doorways and stone fireplaces. Attached barn to right, later C18, has segmental arch formed out of 2 massive stone lintels with voussoirs carved on them. (81/p167/RCHM).


Listing NGR: SD9122440016

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.