This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9286 / 53°55'42"N
Longitude: -3.0091 / 3°0'32"W
OS Eastings: 333838
OS Northings: 448518
OS Grid: SD338485
Mapcode National: GBR 7RF0.BG
Mapcode Global: WH84P.RJ94
Entry Name: Lower Lighthouse
Listing Date: 26 April 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1362180
English Heritage Legacy ID: 184744
Location: Fleetwood, Wyre, Lancashire, FY7
Civil Parish: Fleetwood
Built-Up Area: Fleetwood
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Fleetwood St Peter and St David
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 3348 2/3 26.4.50
1836-41. Opened in 1840 (Preston Chronicle and Railway Magazine) and almost certainly
designed by Decimus Burton. Cost £1,000. Ashlar. Red sandstone. 3 stages.
Lower stage has a Tuscan order on a 2-step podium, forming a portico in antis
on south side. Balustrade with vase-shaped balusters, dies, and moulded rail.
Middle stage has 1 blind round-arched door with plain raised frames on each
side, each with oculus over. Balcony with cast-iron railings, on plain deep
brackets. Top stage octagonal. Moulded cornice. Octagonal dome with tiny
octagonal drum at apex.
Listing NGR: SD3383848518
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings