History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Jumbles

A Grade II Listed Building in Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8351 / 53°50'6"N

Longitude: -2.454 / 2°27'14"W

OS Eastings: 370217

OS Northings: 437749

OS Grid: SD702377

Mapcode National: GBR CS92.HY

Mapcode Global: WH96H.8VNS

Entry Name: Jumbles

Listing Date: 13 February 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1362222

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182932

Location: Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley

Civil Parish: Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley

Built-Up Area: Old Langho

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Hurst Green St John the Evangelist

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Great Mitton

Listing Text

SD 73 NE AIGHTON, BAILEY & CHAIGLEY

9/45 Jumbles
13.2.67

II


House, probably late C17th, altered. Sandstone rubble with some walls
rendered. Comprises a west cross-wing with C17th windows and an east wing
with C18th windows. 2 storeys with attic. The cross-wing has a double-
chamfered mullioned window of 4 lights with hood mould on the ground floor,
with a similar window of 3 lights on the 1st floor. The attic window has
plain reveals. The west wall has a window made with pieces of C19th
mullioned window. The east wall of the wing is watershot and has a worn
sandstone plaque 'John. H_ _ ill & Richard his son 1703'. The west wing
has gable copings with kneelers and no original chimney caps. The east
wing has a plain stone door surround to the left and a 2-light window on
each floor to the right with plain reveals, square stone mullions, and
tooled sills and lintels. At the rear are lean-to extensions. Interior.
The east wing has a moulded shouldered stone fireplace of C18th type and
a chamfered and stopped beam. A door into the west wing dates from
c.1700 and has 2 raised and fielded panels with bolection moulding.


Listing NGR: SD7021737749

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.