History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Number 2 and Shop (Central Stores) Adjoining to North

A Grade II Listed Building in Slaidburn, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.9667 / 53°58'0"N

Longitude: -2.4416 / 2°26'29"W

OS Eastings: 371125

OS Northings: 452380

OS Grid: SD711523

Mapcode National: GBR CQDK.6S

Mapcode Global: WH95X.GKKF

Entry Name: Number 2 and Shop (Central Stores) Adjoining to North

Listing Date: 16 November 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1362255

English Heritage Legacy ID: 183132

Location: Slaidburn, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley

Civil Parish: Slaidburn

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Slaidburn St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Slaidburn

Listing Text

SD 7052-7152 SLAIDBURN CHURCH STREET (WEST SIDE)

17/81 No. 2 and shop (Central Stores)
adjoining to north

GV II

House and shop, 1843. Rubble with sandstone dressings and slate roof.
2 storeys. The right-hand part of the facade projects slightly, is gabled,
and contains the shop entrance. The windows have projecting chamfered stone
surrounds and hoods. On each side of the shop door there is one with a
wooden mullion and transom. The single 1st floor window has a wooden
mullion and small panes. Above is a stone shield inscribed 'EB 1843'. The
doorway has a chamfered stone surround with Tudor-arched head. The left-hand
part of the facade is of 2 bays, has dressings which match the rest of the
building and is either of the same date or a conversion of an earlier
building. The right-hand bay has a wooden mullion and transom on the ground
floor and a wooden mullion and small panes on the 1st floor. To the left on
the 1st floor is a one-light window with projecting chamfered surround with
segmental head, and small panes. Below is a door with chamfered stone
surround, triangular head and hood. To its left is a plain stone door
surround, now blocked to form a window. The gutter is carried on paired
projecting stone brackets. The right-hand return wall of the shop, facing
Town End, is of one bay with a steep narrow gable with wooden finial. The
windows have chamfered stone surrounds, the 1st floor one having a
segmental head. Each has a wooden mullion and transom, and small panes. A
cellar opening has a plain stone surround. To the left of the 1st floor
window is a plaque: 'Waterloo Buildings'.

Listing NGR: SD7112552380

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.