History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Braddup House and Farm Building Adjoining to West

A Grade II Listed Building in Bashall Eaves, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8935 / 53°53'36"N

Longitude: -2.4402 / 2°26'24"W

OS Eastings: 371170

OS Northings: 444236

OS Grid: SD711442

Mapcode National: GBR CRDF.H1

Mapcode Global: WH969.HD7J

Entry Name: Braddup House and Farm Building Adjoining to West

Listing Date: 20 February 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1362283

English Heritage Legacy ID: 183184

Location: Bashall Eaves, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley

Civil Parish: Bashall Eaves

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Mitton All Hallows

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Waddington

Listing Text

SD 711 SW BASHALL EAVES

SD 74 SW
10/12 Braddup House and farm building
adjoining to west

II

House, 1787. Squared coursed sandstone with slate roof. Double-pile
plan with end stacks. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Windows of 3 lights with
plain stone surrounds and square mullions. The door, in the centre
bay, has a plain stone surround. Above, on the 1st floor, is a plaque
with plain stone surround: 'RB 1787 Excise'. Shaped stone gutter
brackets. The farm building to the left is of one bay having a ground-
floor window with plain stone surround and a blocked 1st floor window
with plain stone surround and one square mullion. At the rear of the
house are 2 2-light windows with plain stone surrounds and square-
mullions on each floor, and a tall stair window with plain stone surround
and 2 transoms. To its right is a door with plain stone surround and
re-set shaped lintel inscribed E
'R W 1669'.


Listing NGR: SD7117044236

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.