History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Dean Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Sabden, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8326 / 53°49'57"N

Longitude: -2.3081 / 2°18'29"W

OS Eastings: 379817

OS Northings: 437419

OS Grid: SD798374

Mapcode National: GBR DSB3.2V

Mapcode Global: WH96K.JX3Q

Entry Name: Dean Farmhouse

Listing Date: 1 April 1953

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1362344

English Heritage Legacy ID: 183529

Location: Sabden, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley

Civil Parish: Sabden

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Sabden, Heyhouses St Nicholas

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Sabden

Listing Text

SABDEN
SD 73 NE
3/44 Dean Farmhouse
1-4-1953
- II
House, 1574, extended mid C19. Sandstone rubble with modern tile roof.
Comprises 2 parallel ranges, the western one earlier. 2 storeys with
attic. South wall has twin gables, the right-hand one C19 and blank with
chimney cap. The left-hand one has double-chamfered mullioned windows. On
the ground floor is one of 14 lights with transom and hood, the upper
lights with round heads. The 1st floor window is of 5 lights with hood,
and the attic window of 2 lights. Above the ground-floor window is a worn
inscription which appears to read: 'This House was builded by Hugh Moore,
Son of Christover Moore auldest brother son, and Letis Hugh wife in the
yeare of oure Lord God 1574.' The west wall has a blocked one-light
chamfered 1st floor window. The 2 chimney caps appear to be C19. The C19
range has an east wall of 3 bays which have windows with stone surrounds
and flat-faced mullions, of 2 lights except for the left-hand one on the
ground floor which is of 3 lights. To the right of the middle window on
the ground floor is a door with plain stone surround. The right-hand gable
wall of this range has a blocked 1st floor door with plain stone surround,
once to a granary. The adjoining gable to the west range has flush
chamfered mullioned windows to the 1st and attic floors. Interior appears
to have no exposed features of architectural interest.


Listing NGR: SD7981737419

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.