History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Moor House Farmhouse and Wall Adjoining to South West

A Grade II Listed Building in Paythorne, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.9567 / 53°57'24"N

Longitude: -2.277 / 2°16'37"W

OS Eastings: 381922

OS Northings: 451216

OS Grid: SD819512

Mapcode National: GBR DQJP.VC

Mapcode Global: WHB74.0T02

Entry Name: Moor House Farmhouse and Wall Adjoining to South West

Listing Date: 16 November 1954

Last Amended: 27 April 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1362346

English Heritage Legacy ID: 183432

Location: Paythorne, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley

Civil Parish: Paythorne

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Gisburn St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Gisburn

Listing Text

SD 85 SW PAYTHORNE

SD 819 512

1/113 Moor House Farmhouse and wall
adjoining to south-west (formerly
listed as Moor House including
Garden Wall)
16-11-1954
- II

House, late C18th. Squared rubble with sandstone dressings and slate
roof. Double-pile plan with gabled chimneys. A symmetrical composition
of 2 storeys and 3 bays, with projecting quoins. The windows to the
outer bays are tripartite with plain stone surrounds and square
mullions. The outer lights of each window are fixed with glazing
bars. The inner lights are sashed with glazing bars on the ground floor
and sashed on the 1st floor. The central 1st floor window is blank with
imitation glazing bars. The central doorway has a solid stone porch
with moulded pediment. At the rear 2 outer bays have 2-light windows
with plain stone surround and square mullions. Between them is a
stair window with plain stone surround and semi-circular head with
keystone. To its right is a chamfered doorway with triangular head,
probably C17th and re-used. It is now covered by a glazed porch.
Adjoining to the west is an orchard wall of watershot limestone with
sandstone dressings. It has a flat coping, a door at the east with
plain stone surround, and, on the south side, 4 shallow recesses. Each
has a semi-circular arch with keystone and tooled voussoirs.


Listing NGR: SD8192251216

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.