History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Little Eccleston Hall Farmyard Building

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Eccleston-with-Larbreck, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8516 / 53°51'5"N

Longitude: -2.8935 / 2°53'36"W

OS Eastings: 341318

OS Northings: 439858

OS Grid: SD413398

Mapcode National: GBR 8R7X.C1

Mapcode Global: WH854.JGC3

Entry Name: Little Eccleston Hall Farmyard Building

Listing Date: 11 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1362361

English Heritage Legacy ID: 183607

Location: Little Eccleston-with-Larbreck, Fylde, Lancashire, PR3

County: Lancashire

District: Fylde

Civil Parish: Little Eccleston-with-Larbreck

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Copp or Great Eccleston St Anne

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Great Eccleston

Listing Text

LITTLE ECCLESTON WITH MEAGLES LANE
SD 43 NW LARBRECK

5/37 Little Eccleston Hall Farmyard
building
-
GV II

Quadrangular range of farm buildings dated 1820 on keystone of west barn. Red
brick with sandstone plinth and dressings, roofs of slate and corrugated
sheet. Symmetrical arrangement with open entry in centre of south range,
matching barns forming the larger part of the east and west sides, and a long
lofted cartshed closing the north end. The barns, which project, have tall
segmental-headed wagon doorways with dressed sandstone surrounds (keystone of
that on west lettered "1820"), and 6 diamond-pattern breathers on each side.
The cart shed was formerly arcaded in the centre with 4 or 5 basket-arched
wagon entrances, but these are now blocked and altered; at each end are 2
doorways with massive sandstone lintels and jambstones; and at 1st floor 4
large pitching holes in the form of open stilted lunettes with imposts
and archivolts,between Which are X pattern breathers, a relocated datestone
over that in the centre lettered in relief "16 6 Returned ends
I.F."
of this range (with similar openings) link with the barns. South end of yard
has single-storey stable and feeding shed flanking the entrance on its east
and west sides respectively.


Listing NGR: SD4131839858

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.