History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Bradkirk Hall Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Medlar-with-Wesham, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.7942 / 53°47'39"N

Longitude: -2.8989 / 2°53'56"W

OS Eastings: 340880

OS Northings: 433478

OS Grid: SD408334

Mapcode National: GBR 8S6K.5L

Mapcode Global: WH85B.FWSM

Entry Name: Bradkirk Hall Farmhouse

Listing Date: 11 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1362362

English Heritage Legacy ID: 183613

Location: Medlar-with-Wesham, Fylde, Lancashire, PR4

County: Lancashire

District: Fylde

Civil Parish: Medlar-with-Wesham

Built-Up Area: Kirkham

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Wesham Christ Church

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Kirkham

Listing Text

MEDLAR WITH WESHAM WEETON ROAD
SD 43 SW
9/43 Bradkirk Hall Farmhouse
-
- II

Farmhouse, dated 1764 on lintel of door. Brick with stone dressings, slate
roof. Double-depth 3-bay 4-room plan. Two storeys, symmetrical; central
doorway with large lintel bearing a prominent keystone lettered "E:H
1764"
(=Edward Hurst), set in a round-headed recess; 4 windows at ground floor and
5 above, all 12-pane sashes with stone sills and gauged brick heads; coved
cornice, stone gable copings with small kneelers, gable chimneys. Left return
wall has one window at ground floor, 2 above, (and one at least covered by
ivy), and a simplified Venetian attic window (outer lights blocked). Rear
wall stepped, the 1st bay set back and probably blind (but covered by creeper)
a door in the re-entrant, but otherwise has 3-light windows with chamfered
flush mullions: 3 vertically-aligned stairlights in the centre, and one on
each floor of the 3rd bay; the latter partly covered by overlapping lower
2-storey service extension. Interior: brick-vaulted cellar; original
fireplaces in 3rd bay with corbelled jambs, deep lintels and moulded cornices;
doors and doorcases throughout with fielded panels; full-height staircase with
open string, three balusters per tread, ramped handrail; attic with slatted
door for ventilation of storage room, unusual roof trusses with elbowed
struts.


Listing NGR: SD4088033478

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.