This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8182 / 53°49'5"N
Longitude: -3.0509 / 3°3'3"W
OS Eastings: 330913
OS Northings: 436285
OS Grid: SD309362
Mapcode National: GBR ZKL.JV
Mapcode Global: WH858.39H6
Entry Name: Church of St John
Listing Date: 20 October 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1362391
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183660
Location: Blackpool, FY1
Electoral Ward/Division: Talbot
Built-Up Area: Blackpool
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Blackpool St John
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 33 NW BLACKPOOL CHURCH STREET
2/4 Church of St. John
Church, 1878, by Garlick Park and Sykes. Stone with slate roofs. Nave
with low aisles, tall transepts, apsidal chancel, south west tower. Early
English style. Tower of 4 stages with angled buttresses rising to
prominent pinnacles and finials, 2 tall belfry louvres on each side. Aisles
have 3 triple-lancet windows, nave has three 3-light plate-traceried windows
under 2-centred arches. Transepts have 2 tall lancet-shaped windows with
plate-tracery; chancel has three 3-light windows with similar tracery.
Interior: nave arcade of cylindrical columns with circular caps simply
moulded, supporting three 2-centred arches with moulded soffits. Gallery
at west end. Wall posts on corbels at clerestory level; wagon roof with
small hammer beams linked by metal tie-rods. Chancel has screen in
Gothic style, and wooden panelling with Gothic decoration. Pulpit has
suspended sounding-board with domical cap of intricate open-work.
Listing NGR: SD3091336285
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings