History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Borwick Lodge

A Grade II Listed Building in Borwick, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1522 / 54°9'7"N

Longitude: -2.7276 / 2°43'39"W

OS Eastings: 352573

OS Northings: 473177

OS Grid: SD525731

Mapcode National: GBR 9NDF.89

Mapcode Global: WH83P.2WDQ

Entry Name: Borwick Lodge

Listing Date: 4 October 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1362427

English Heritage Legacy ID: 181823

Location: Borwick, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA6

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Borwick

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Warton St Oswald (or Holy Trinity)

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Burton

Listing Text

SD 57 SW BORWICK THE GREEN

4/55
4.10. 1967 Borwick Lodge

II

House, 1729. Pebbledashed rubble with slate roof. Symmetrical composition
of 2 storeys with attic, 3 bays. Windows sashed with glazing bars, with
stone sills and plain reveals. Door architrave is shouldered, with
pulvinated frieze, false keystone and broken segmental pediment. A roundel
carved on a panel above is inscribed 'W T E 1729'. The central 1st floor
window is framed by Tuscan pilasters supporting a semi-circular moulded
head with grooved keystone. The window is sashed with glazing bars which
intersect at the head. The rear wing has sashed windows with glazing bars
and plain reveals, and a partly blocked doorway with chamfered rusticated
jambs and two raised and fielded panels carved into its stone lintel.
Interior. Dog-leg stair of 4 flights with ramped mahogany handrail and
open string with 2 slim turned balusters to each tread. Right-hand room has
2 round-headed cupboards with a cornice, each flanked by fluted Doric
pilasters.


Listing NGR: SD5257473179

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.