This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.163 / 54°9'46"N
Longitude: -2.8265 / 2°49'35"W
OS Eastings: 346129
OS Northings: 474450
OS Grid: SD461744
Mapcode National: GBR 8NP9.VF
Mapcode Global: WH83M.KM7F
Entry Name: Waithman's House
Listing Date: 2 May 1968
Last Amended: 7 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1362466
English Heritage Legacy ID: 181951
Location: Silverdale, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA5
Civil Parish: Silverdale
Built-Up Area: Silverdale
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Silverdale St John
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 47 SE SILVERDALE LINDETH ROAD
3/189 Waithman's House
2. 5. 1968 (formerly listed as No 36 (Waithman's House))
House, late C17th and 1739. Pebbledashed rubble with slate roof. T-plan
with later additions, the front wing facing south-east, having a central
entrance and end stacks. 2 storeys with attics. All windows modern with
plain reveals. On the ground floor there is a window on each side of the
porch (dated 1922) with a former fire window at the far left. On the 1st
floor there are 2 windows on each side of a central slate plaque with
incised floral decoration and inscription 'William Waithman and Dorothy
his wife 1739'. Left-hand gable has one window. Right-hand gable has
projecting stack and one window on the ground floor and 2 attic windows.
North-east wall of rear wing has 3 windows on the ground floor and 2 on
the 1st floor. Inside - left-hand front room has moulded shouldered
fireplace with grooved false keystone and cornice mantel. Spice cupboard
possibly a C20th reproduction. Front rooms separated by panelling.
Northern room of rear wing lined with large panels with grooved rails,
probably c.1700. In front of a C20th fireplace is a beam which could
have supported a firehood, with an enclosed stair entrance at its south
end having a panelled door and grooved pilaster strip.
Listing NGR: SD4612974450
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings