History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Whitewalls Restaurant

A Grade II Listed Building in Slyne-with-Hest, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.0927 / 54°5'33"N

Longitude: -2.8082 / 2°48'29"W

OS Eastings: 347238

OS Northings: 466611

OS Grid: SD472666

Mapcode National: GBR 8PT3.TM

Mapcode Global: WH840.TDYB

Entry Name: Whitewalls Restaurant

Listing Date: 2 May 1968

Last Amended: 7 November 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1362472

English Heritage Legacy ID: 181970

Location: Slyne-with-Hest, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Slyne-with-Hest

Built-Up Area: Bolton-le-Sands

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Slyne with Hest St Luke

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Hest Bank

Listing Text

SD 46 NE SLYNE-WITH-HEST HATLEX LANE

6/3 Whitewalls Restaurant
2. 5. 1968
(formerly listed as No 9 (Hatlex House
Farmhouse, Hatlex Lane and Barn)

II

House, now restaurant. 1751 and 1829. Rendered rubble with sandstone
dressings and modern tile roof. 2 storeys. Left-hand half of facade has end
stacks and rusticated quoins at left-hand end. To the left of the door are
two sashed windows with glazing bars, the heads and sills continued as bands.
3 similar windows on 1st floor. Door has moulded and shouldered architrave of
C18th type, a moulded cornice, and a false keystone with date 1751 and carved
grotesque face. Eaves treated as cyma cornice. Right-hand half of facade has
French window in plain stone surround to left of door and a sashed window with
glazing bars and plain stone surround to the right. On the 1st floor are 2
stone surrounds with sills continued as a band. Moulding of door jambs
continues around shaped lintel with moulded cornice and incised inscription
'IH 1829'.


Listing NGR: SD4723866611

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.