History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Farrar House and Barn Adjoining to West

A Grade II Listed Building in Caton-with-Littledale, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.0757 / 54°4'32"N

Longitude: -2.7189 / 2°43'8"W

OS Eastings: 353057

OS Northings: 464663

OS Grid: SD530646

Mapcode National: GBR 9PG9.5Q

Mapcode Global: WH842.6TJB

Entry Name: Farrar House and Barn Adjoining to West

Listing Date: 4 October 1967

Last Amended: 7 March 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1362477

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182113

Location: Caton-with-Littledale, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Caton-with-Littledale

Built-Up Area: Caton

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Caton with Littledale

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Claughton

Listing Text

SD 56 SW CATON-WITH-LITTLEDALE LANCASTER ROAD (SOUTH SIDE)

5/40 No. 9 (Farrar House) and barn
4.10.1967 adjoining to west
[Formerly listed as No.9
Lancaster Road, (Ferrar
House) end adjoining
stable]

GV II

House, 1780. Coursed sandstone rubble with stone slate roof. Central-entry
plan with end chimneys. 2 storeys, 2 bays. Windows have plain stone
surrounds and square mullions. To the left they are of 3 lights. At the
right is one of 2 lights on the 1st floor and, on the ground floor, one
formerly of 4 lights with one mullion remaining. The door has a plain stone
surround. Above is an oval plaque with initials 'IHM'. The date of 1780 has
been recently re-painted to read '1689'. To the left is a barn with 2
ground-floor windows with plain reveals. Between them is a wide entrance
having a chamfered surround with long-and short jambs and a segmental arch
with keystone.


Listing NGR: SD5305764663

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.