This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.093 / 54°5'34"N
Longitude: -2.6638 / 2°39'49"W
OS Eastings: 356683
OS Northings: 466543
OS Grid: SD566665
Mapcode National: GBR 9PV3.3J
Mapcode Global: WH957.1DT3
Entry Name: Barn North-East of Claughton Hall Farmhouse, Adjoining Churchyard
Listing Date: 4 October 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1362545
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182370
Location: Claughton, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Claughton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Hornby with Claughton
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
CLAUGHTON A683 (off)
SD 56 NE
7/75 Barn north-east of Claughton Hall
4-10-1967 Farmhouse, adjoining churchyard
Barn, c.1600, original purpose uncertain. Squared sandstone rubble with
stone slate roof. 2 storeys, the lower level now used as a shippon.
South-east wall has 3 windows with plain reveals, the middle one with a
chamfered lintel. To its right is a door with chamfered jambs. The
right-hand gable has a chimney projecting on corbels at 1st floor level.
The left-hand gable has a wide entrance to the upper level, reached from a
ramp. The north-west wall, facing the churchyard, has 4 small windows, all
with plain reveals except for the right-hand one, which has a chamfered
surround. Interior of this wall has 2 blocked windows visible, with
chamfered and stopped inner-timber lintels. The north-east gable wall has
a blocked fireplace with Tudor-arched head. The 4 closely-spaced roof
trusses have collars and chamfered and stopped tie beams. They rest on
Listing NGR: SD5668366543
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings