History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lower Castle O'trim Farmhouse and Barn Adjoining to South

A Grade II Listed Building in Over Wyresdale, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.994 / 53°59'38"N

Longitude: -2.7213 / 2°43'16"W

OS Eastings: 352805

OS Northings: 455566

OS Grid: SD528555

Mapcode National: GBR 9QF8.M0

Mapcode Global: WH84G.5WC0

Entry Name: Lower Castle O'trim Farmhouse and Barn Adjoining to South

Listing Date: 2 May 1968

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1362559

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182559

Location: Over Wyresdale, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Over Wyresdale

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Over Wyresdale Christ Church

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Scotforth

Listing Text

SD 55 NW OVER WYRESDALE

7/23 Lower Castle O' Trim Farmhouse
2-5-1968 and barn adjoining to south

- II

House, 1711, with barn probably late C18th. Pebbledashed rubble with
slate roof. End baffle-entry plan. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Windows rebated and
chamfered, formerly with mullions. Bays 2 and 3 have one mullion each
remaining on the 1st floor. The left-hand 1st floor window is of one
light. Inserted doorway, with plain reveals, to left of 3rd bay. Original
doorway, in left-hand bay, has moulded surround with a battlemented lintel
inscribed: 'G[T]M 1711'. Gable chimneys. Inside, the baffle remains,
together with a firehood bressumer and 2 chamfered and stopped axial
beams, and a spice cupboard recess with moulded surround. The barn, to the
right, has exposed rubble walls. The wider shippon end, at the right, has
a recessed wide entrance with plain reveals. To the left is a pitching
hole. At the far left, adjoining the house, is a door with chamfered
surround, with a pitching door over.


Listing NGR: SD5280555566

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.