History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Green and Farm Building Adjoining to East

A Grade II Listed Building in Tatham, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1055 / 54°6'19"N

Longitude: -2.5492 / 2°32'57"W

OS Eastings: 364185

OS Northings: 467878

OS Grid: SD641678

Mapcode National: GBR BNMZ.W1

Mapcode Global: WH958.T28G

Entry Name: The Green and Farm Building Adjoining to East

Listing Date: 4 October 1967

Last Amended: 24 February 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1362588

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182614

Location: Tatham, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Tatham

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Tatham Fells The Good Shepherd

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Wennington

Listing Text

SD 66 NW TATHAM

2/78 The Green and farm building
4-10-1967 adjoining to east (formerly listed
as The Green (Upper House))

GV II

House, 1672. Sandstone rubble with tile roof. 2 storeys, formerly with
attic, and with one bay on each side of 2-storey gabled porch. Drip course
over ground-floor windows. The ground-floor windows, formerly of 4 lights,
have a central chamfered mullion flush with the wall, a chamfered outer
surround, and an inner surround with a channel chased around the openings.
The right-hand one has had its sill lowered. The 1st floor windows have
double-chamfered surrounds and hoods. The 1st floor window of the porch
has a channelled stone surround and a hood. The outer bays have blocked
3-light attic windows with stone surrounds, possibly added when the roof
pitch was lessened. The door has a moulded surround with shaped lintel
inscribed: 'REB 1672'. End chimneys have round shafts on square bases. To
the right is an addition, probably C18th. On the ground floor it has a
window with plain stone surround and central flat-faced mullion. On the
1st floor there are 2 windows with plain stone surrounds. Door, at left,
has plain reveals. Further right is a wide barn entrance with external
doors and a shippon door with plain reveals. At the rear of this addition
is a re-set lintel inscribed: 'TWE 1714 [?]'. Inside, the original house
has a fireplace with segmental arch in its right-hand room. The left-hand
room has a beam which could have been a firehood bressumer.


Listing NGR: SD6418567878

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.