This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2927 / 51°17'33"N
Longitude: 1.2221 / 1°13'19"E
OS Eastings: 624744
OS Northings: 159772
OS Grid: TR247597
Mapcode National: GBR VZD.XFK
Mapcode Global: VHLGJ.4RFW
Entry Name: Wyborne's Charity
Listing Date: 7 March 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1363296
English Heritage Legacy ID: 178209
Location: Preston, Dover, Kent, CT3
Civil Parish: Preston
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
TR 25 NW PRESTON DEERSON LANE
4/178 Wyborne's Charity
House. Early C18 alteration of C16 or earlier building. Timber framed and
clad and infilled with red brick. Thatched roof, with plain tiled outshot.
One storey and attic, with exposed frame on upper half of wall. Hipped roof
with 2 raking dormers and stack at end right. Two C20 wooden casements and
central boarded door in glazed porch. Outshot with garage doors to right and
catslide outshot to rear. Interior: inglenook fireplace; frame visible with
steeply cambered tie-beams. The house was left by Robert Wyborne in 1709 as
part of charitable relief for the poor of Preston, and continued as such until
Listing NGR: TR2474959773
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings