This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1729 / 51°10'22"N
Longitude: 1.1795 / 1°10'46"E
OS Eastings: 622350
OS Northings: 146326
OS Grid: TR223463
Mapcode National: GBR W0W.K01
Mapcode Global: VHLH2.DSD6
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 28 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1363380
English Heritage Legacy ID: 178588
Location: Denton with Wootton, Dover, Kent, CT4
Civil Parish: Denton with Wootton
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
TR 24 NW DENTON AND WOOTTON WOOTTON LANE
The Old Rectory
House. Early C18 exterior and extended 1879. Red brick and plain tiled
roof. Entrance front: 2 storeys and attic on plinth with plat band and
moulded modillion eaves cornice to roof with 2 flat dormers and stacks
to left and to right. Irregular fenestration of 2 glazing bar sashes
on first floor. Centrally placed stair window (glazing bar sash) and 1
storey bay to left, and 2 glazing bar sashes on ground floor. Central
door of 6 raised and fielded panels in simple columned porch. Large C19
projection, dated on corner stone 1879, to right, of 2 storeys, with
stacks to left and to right; one glazing bar sash and one wooden case-
ment on the first floor and two glazing bar sashes and one wooden
casement on ground floor. Garden front: reported 6 bay elevation with
modillion eaves cornice to half-hipped roof, with central 2 storey porch
with elliptical doorway and jettied first floor with Venetian window.
Interior also reported to be of older origin. Early C17 built for
Revered James Janeway, Rector 1712 to 1739.
Listing NGR: TR2235046326
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings