This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.461 / 51°27'39"N
Longitude: -2.1989 / 2°11'56"W
OS Eastings: 386274
OS Northings: 173582
OS Grid: ST862735
Mapcode National: GBR 1R2.8W5
Mapcode Global: VH969.TJVT
Entry Name: The Little House and Outbuildings
Listing Date: 20 December 1960
Last Amended: 9 December 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1363600
English Heritage Legacy ID: 317117
Location: Biddestone, Wiltshire, SN14
Civil Parish: Biddestone
Built-Up Area: Biddestone
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: By Brook
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
BIDDESTONE CUTTLE LANE
9/27 The Little House and outbuildings
(formerly listed as
20.12.60 Parkers Farmhouse)
House, C17 and C18 rubble stone with ashlar dressings and roofs part
stone tiled, part double Roman tiled. 2 storey. South front range
in two sections, east side range with double Roman tiles, ridge
stack and west end stack and taller C17 west range with stone tiled
roof and large rear wall chimney gable. East range has four 2-
light mullion windows, ovolo moulded except the second, cyma
moulded, possibly inserted. Iron opening light to left end window.
Ground floor stone doorcase with hood on brackets, 2 renewed ovolo
moulded mullion windows with hoods, 3-light and 2-light and large
C20 garage opening. East end wall has ovolo moulded mullion
windows with hoods, 2-light to main floors, single light to attic.
West range has two 2-light cyma-moulded mullion windows with hoods
to first floor. Iron opening lights. Ground floor and 3-light
ovolo mullion windows under overall hood. Bath Sun Fire plaque to
1st floor. West end wall has 2-light ovolo mullion windows with
hoods to upper floors, hood with later window to ground floor. The
rear of this section has large chimney gable and 2 first floor
ovolo windows with hoods. The main range has a parallel rear range
with stone tiled roof and east end stack, late C18 or early Cl9.
Flush 2-light mullion windows, cyma moulded, 2 to ground floor, one
inscribed J. Blake 1831 and doorcase with cyma mould. Upper metal
casement and circular window. 2-light mullion window to west end
wall over ground floor lean-to. Stone tiled porch in angle to
right of doorcase supported on heavy square stone pier with square
cap. Attached to rear north east angle by length of wall with a
reset moulded doorcase to Cuttle Lane is an 'L'-plan range of
rubble stone outbuildings with stone tiled roofs. Deeds said to go
back to 1608.
Listing NGR: ST8627473582
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings